Glen of imaal terrier becomes recently popular in 2015 where people show interest in adopting this dog.it has other names like glennie and Irish glen of imaal terrier.it has an Irish origin and belongs to Ireland.it comes in breed group terrier, it is a purebred and comes in medium sizes.let us discus this breed in detail.
Here are few of the important characteristics of this breed:
- They very active dogs with gentle and courageous nature.they are loyal to their owners and behave in an obedient way.
- They have a medium height usually 14 inches.
- They weigh 34 to 36 pounds which is a normal standard size for a dog.
- Their lifespan is also average they live for almost 12 to 14 years.
- Amazingly they come in black, blue and brown color.
- They can produce 3 to 5 puppies at a time.
- This dog is considered to be an expensive dog and ranges between 800 to 1000 dollars.
- They are highly adaptable in living with anyone and in any environment.
They will do okay in an apartment and require only a moderate indoor activity, if you have no yard than these are the best dogs for you as they can easily without playing outside.they can live outdoors when the weather is nice but they mostly prefer to stay indoors where their owners are present.
Their barking tendencies are rare so they do not become good watch dogs as they are friendly with other people they will not alert you if you have an intruder in the house.they are also not so friendly with the cats they hate cats.they are very good with kids, as they like to play and are energetic so children love them and likes to play with them they also enjoy the children company and is very affectionate towards them.
They prefer humans over other dogs but it’s not like they are hostile with the dogs just not so friendly.they need daily walk, you can take them in nearby park for some walk and exercise and they will be happy with this routine.they like enjoying their walks beside or on the heels of the person holding the leash.
They have a medium to short haired cost so not so much grooming is required; brush their coat twice a week.bathing is only required when they are extremely dirty otherwise there is no need to give them bath very often.
They are the healthy dogs so health issues are there but not so severe.they generally has no allergies, and out of 5 they are ranked 2 in the intelligence level.they love to play so you need to give them a lot of time and play with them.training them is not a difficult task but patience is always required, they gradually learn everything.
They were used to hunt the vermin’s and badgers and with little training they still can do that.they have a hospitable attitude towards their owners they like to shoe affection and excitement when they see them.